What is #GivingTuesday?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals - Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Now, we have a day dedicated to giving back. #GivingTuesday is a movement built by individuals, families, organizations, and businesses around the world to celebrate generosity. On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, millions of people will come together to support the causes they believe in and champion the communities in which they live.
Click here to read more about #GivingTuesday.
join the movement
There are 3 ways you can support Bridging For Tomorrow this #GivingTuesday.
Be an Advocate
#GivingTuesday is a great opportunity to share why you support Bridging For Tomorrow with your friends and family. Not sure how? Here are a few simple suggestions:
- Follow us on social media and be sure to like and share things that we post.
- Write why you support Bridging For Tomorrow on a piece of paper, take a selfie, and post it to your social media with the hashtags "#UNselfie" and "#GivingTuesday."
- Record a short video sharing why you support Bridging For Tomorrow and post it to your social media with the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Add our #GivingTuesday frame to your Facebook profile picture or video.
- Invite your friends to support Bridging For Tomorrow today by texting "INVEST" to 206-859-9405.
Give your time
Our initiatives would not be possible without our volunteers. We call our volunteers Community Builders because they work to make our community stronger. Click here to discover ways that you can give back by sharing generously of your time. If you already volunteer with us, consider inviting a friend to join you!
Can I really Make A Difference?
Yes! Every act of generosity counts, and each means even more when we give together. Each gift, regardless of size, enables us to fulfill our mission to make our community stronger by investing in families and developing leaders.
- $10 will provide healthy snacks for kids at our After School Clubs.
$25 will feed a family through our Food Pantry for 1 month.
- $50 will provide 1 person with a free vision screening and a new pair of glasses.
$100 will give a CTE Exam Scholarship to 1 student at Klein Forest High School.
$250 will enable 2 people to receive counseling for 3 months.